Metadata Interest Group Meeting
Tuesday, June 9, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. CT | Sign up to Attend
The ALCTS Metadata Interest Group facilitates active conversation among librarians and information professionals about projects, ideas, and practical use cases related to library metadata.
While the interest group usually plans a program of presentations, given the unprecedented situation facing us all this year, the program will follow a more open, town hall format. The aim is to encourage discussion about any work or ideas related to metadata, with a special emphasis on topics/questions related to the impact of the current COVID-19 crisis on metadata work. This open format is an opportunity to encourage community participation, provide a platform to express concerns and ask questions, and offer solutions to support each other.
Discussion may include:
- How does telecommuting affect your workflow on metadata?
- Has your library been working on a reopening plan? How does that affect your metadata work?
- Have any new projects come out of the need to work from home?
- What have you learned from this situation that you will be able to leverage in future work?
- Other metadata creation, management, evaluation, and maintenance topics
The IG members will moderate the discussion: Rachel Turner, Mingyan Li (Programming co-chairs), Darnelle Melvin, Anne Washington, Charlie Tillay, and Jacky Hart
Interest Group Chairs: